...since 1839 in Georgetown
...1836 - 2021 in Glen Williams
11 Guelph Street
Georgetown, ON L7G 3Z1
• To oversee all services of worship, in consultation with the minister(s), including the order of worship and the placement of flowers, decorations and display objects.
• To recruit and schedule members of the congregation who will:
• greet and assist at the elevator before and after worship
• participate in leading the worship service (e.g. candle lighting, readers, and other lay participants as required)
• collect, count, record and deposit the offering
• To arrange for the preparation and service of communion elements, and the care of communion vessels
• To arrange for a member of the congregation to accompany parents and their children at the front of the sanctuary during baptism, to announce their names to the congregation, to present baptism certificates, and to recommend to Council the incorporation of the names of the baptized people into the official roll of the congregation
• To arrange for confirmation services, to report the names of candidates to the congregation, to present confirmation certificates, and to recommend to Council the incorporation of the names of the confirmed into the official roll of the congregation
• To regulate the use of the sanctuary in consultation with the Minister(s)
• To prepare policies regarding use of the sanctuary and other church facilities for weddings, baptisms, and funerals in consultation with the minister(s).